When placing an order with Mowers & Spares, via the Mowers & Spares web site, you are entering into a contract with us to supply you with machinery or spare parts as described in the product details.
This contract will become binding upon our acceptance via email of your order.
In the rare circumstance of the product(s) you ordered not being available, we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss the appropriate action (i.e. full refund)
All products on this website have been approved by manufactures for Mowers & Spares to distribute. Your order will be shipped within 1-2 working days.
Please contact us if your order is urgent.
Mowers & Spares,
North Cheshire Trading Estate,
CH43 3DU, UK
0333 207 0773
Our terms and conditions have been written to comply with current UK legislation with advice from the Trading Standards Institute.
Mowers & Spares is a trading name of The Lawnmower Company Ltd. The Lawnmower Company Ltd is registered as a limited company in England and Wales, registration number 07508265. VAT registration number is 1077 077 19. Premises in Prenton Wirral
Contracts with Mowers & Spares are subject to UK Law.
Clear product images and descriptions are provided before you add your item to your basket.
Depending on the size of your order. your items will be dispatched in a securely sealed bag or box with your invoice attached.
Mowers & Spares website does not contain any content unsuitable for minors or offensive materials, however, we cannot be held responsible for the content of any third party information we provide from this site.
All Site Content is Copyright © 2021 of Mowers & Spares. All rights reserved.
All product images are available for social sharing (e.g Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Stumbleupon etc) where full URLs and credit are provided to Mowers & Spares and manufactures.
If you like what you see on our web site, feel free to share it with others!
Please contact us to gain prior consent if you would like to use any images or content for any other purpose. Anyone found to be in breach of copyright will be legally pursued.
All machinery orders include free 1st class signed for delivery. Unless you're ordering from outside UK mainland of which a delivery price will be presented to you on checkout.
All spare part orders will be sent out using 1st class delivery. Unless you're ordering from outside UK mainland of which a delivery price will be presented to you on checkout.
All machinery orders between Monday - Thursday and before 2pm will be processed and despatched the same day, aiming for next day delivery. This applies to spare parts. Should any spare part be out of stock or a special order item, you'll be contacted accordingly to see how you want to proceed with your order.
Orders placed outside the Monday - Thursday before 2pm timeframe will be processed the same day but aim to ship this item to you the next working day.
There're many spares parts that can quickly become obsolete or temporally unavailable and we aim to keep our database as up to date as possible.
Every care is taken to ensure your order reaches you safely, and in a timely manner.
Standard Delivery For Machinery
This service use FedEx, Parcelforce, TNT, UK MAIL, UPS, Royal Mail and APC delivery serivices within the UK.
Only available in the UK mainland. DG, TD, EH, ML, KA, G, FK, KY, PA, PH, DD, AB, IV, KW shipping postcodes may incur additional shipping charges.
Shipping is FREE for most SCH products, in certain areas. If you're outside our FREE delivery limit, you'll be contacted with a shipping cost for your order.
1st class UK delivery - £6.66 + VAT (Inc packing) in 1 - 3 working days
A signature is required for delivery on machinery orders.
To Mowers & Spares customer satisfaction is paramount, and as such if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service and/or products, or change your mind, please read our terms and conditions below:
If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 5 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
If the goods are correct and you still wish to return your order and this is a fast moving item then you will get a full refund. If the goods are correct and you still wish to return your order is a special order item then a 25% re-stocking fee will be deducted from your order within your refund. (This applies to sapre parts)
If the goods are correct and you still wish to return your order and the machine has been used then a 25% re-stocking fee will be deducted from your order within your refund. (This applies to machinery)
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND: In accordance with Distance Selling Regulations you must contact us in writing within 5 working days of your receipt of the goods to request a refund if you change your mind.
A refund will be carried out by us within 30 days of agreeing the return in writing.
RETURNS:Any unwanted stocked parts must be returned to us within 14 days from the date invoiced and may besubject to a handling charge. We regret that we are unable to accept returns for special ordered parts (items ordered specifically upon customer request) unless they are deemed faulty by the manufacturer.
You must return the goods to us, failure to do so is a breach of your statutory duty, and you may be charged recovery costs.
It is your statutory duty to take reasonable care of the goods, until they are returned to us.
Any goods must be returned within a reasonable time scale and must be securely wrapped, preferable in the original packaging.
A refund will be carried out by us within 30 days of agreeing the return in writing.
We also recommend returning by Royal Mail special delivery as any damages or losses incurred during return may mean we are unable to refund you.
Refund will include the original postage cost, if applicable, but the customer will pay the cost of returning the item to us, unless it is faulty.
The refund process means money can only be refunded to the source originally used to pay. For credit card sales, this will be the exact card which was used.
For any items judged to be damaged due to improper use or when reasonable care has not been taken by the customer, Mowers & Spares may claim against the customer for damages and breach of statutory duty. This does not affect the customer's right to a full refund.
Mowers & Spares,
North Cheshire Trading Estate,
Our policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, if you use any of our websites or interact with us on social media (our “Services”).
Who we are
Mowers & Spares is a trading name of The Lawnmower Company Limited (referred to using "We", "Us", "Our" or the “Company”) is a company registered in England and Wales (Company registration number: 07508265). We pride ourselves on giving our customers simple and independent advice on which garden machinery and spare parts are right for them.
Information we collect
We collect personal information about you when you use our Website, or if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media. We refer to our Website as "Online Services".
The types of personal information we collect includes:
• Personal details such as your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details.
• The phone numbers that you call/send messages to or the phone numbers that you receive calls/messages from.
• The date and time of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your location at the time these communications take place.
When you're online the information we collect includes:
• Account information, like your email, password, and other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services
• Details of your visits to the Website. Examples include ads that you click, device information and your location
• IP address and cookie data
• Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us.
The situations when you provide personal information could include when you:
• Purchase products using our website
• Register or use our Online Services
• Request to receive marketing or other communications
• Submit information when you’re providing feedback
How we use your information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
When we're required to enter into a contract with you
We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
Where you have provided consent
We use email to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you tick a box.
• to inform you when a product is back in stock
Where there is a Legitimate Interest
As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
• To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
• To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
• To check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied (e.g. customer feedback).
• For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms;
• To send promotional material to you in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone
• To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
• To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts and bill you for using our products or services
• To interact with us through social media.
Personalise & Improve our Service
• To personalise your experience on our online services. This could include providing you with interesting, relevant content, or making navigation to our Site easier
• To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use, the way you use them and how you shop across the company, so we can serve you better
• Improve the content and appearance of the Website, and to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
• To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; to determine the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; and the analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies
• Where you fail to return our property, we may need to trace your whereabouts (sometimes using a tracing Agent) in order to recover payment or reclaim property. This might be carried out by a third Party debt recovery agent on our behalf
• To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
• For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
When we're required to comply with our Legal Obligation
We'll use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including:
• To identify you when you contact us
• To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
• To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority.
Where it is in your Vital Interest
In certain circumstances it is in your vital interests for us to process your personal information. We may need to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you
If you want to opt-out of marketing please submit your request here.
If you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is handled, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: [email protected]
Data Protection Officer
North Cheshire Trading Estate,
Changes to this Policy
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website and/or by contacting you by email.
Your order will be processed by Global Payments, our PCI Compliant secure cart software host.
Mowers & Spares uses an integrated Global Payment, payment method, which is secure with full industry standard PCI compliance and fraud protection.
Mowers & Spares is a Global Payments Verified Business Account holder, we have no access to any of your bank or credit card details. Only your name, email, delivery address and last four digits of your credit or debit card you provided are available to us.
You will be returned to www.mowersandspares.co.uk after completing payment of your order.
Please contact us if you would like any more information about this or experience any difficulties during checkout.
You do not need to have an account to buy from Mowers & Spares.
However, after purchase you will be offered the option to set up a customer account with us which will make the checkout process quicker next time you visit, or you can continue to shop as a 'guest'.
We do not share any of your customer account details with any other parties.
If you have joined our mailing list, the email address you provide will not be passed on to any other companies and will only be used by us as stated, that is, infrequent emails about new products, news etc. You can easily 'opt out' by unsubscribing if you change your mind.
Mowers & Spares will only contact you if necessary on matters arising directly from you order and not for any other purposes (excepting mailing list, as explained above).
We will only add you to our mailing list if you select the mowersandspares.co.uk Newsletter option, during checkout or sign up, this information will not be passed to any other parties.
Mowers & Spares uses sessions/cookies, to store information on your computer, both to help our site function properly and to give you the very best experience.
Some sessions/cookies are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. These sessions/cookies are set when you submit a form, add an item to the cart, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.
We also use some non-essential 'session' sessions/cookies to track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. These sessions/cookies are temporary and used to collect data anonymously for web analytics and social sharing services. These do not collect any personal data about you, we do not store them and do not have direct access to the individual data collected.
If you're not happy with this, you can change your browser settings to prevent us setting these sessions/cookies but some web site functionality will not be available. You can change your browser settings to not accept any cookies from any site or to prompt you before accepting cookies in future. However, you may experience a loss of functionality across the internet as a result. Please refer to your own browser company for detailed instructions on how to regulate the setting of cookies on your devices.
For social sharing which you may use (e.g Facebook, Twitter), please refer to the individual site's privacy policies for detailed information regarding their use of data and how you can opt-out from their services. Mowers & Spares cannot be held responsible how for these third parties may use your data.
We use Google Analytics, Addthis, Facebook and Twitter.